If you are flying into the Gold Coast, there are two ways to get into the area:
- Travel through to Brisbane International Airport
- Travel to the Gold Coast Airport (Coolangatta)
Coolangatta is the preferred airport. Options to get to the Surfers Paradise from Coolangatta include:
- Uber or Taxi (Uber $AU50) Taxi ($AU70)
- Sky Bus ($38 round trip) Skybus needs to be booked one day in advance - can take you directly very close, if not exactly to selected accomodation on the Gold Coast.
- Bus and then tram (you can get a GoCard from the airport which is the standard Gold Coast travel card for $10 which you then top up as needed or a one day unlimited pass for $10.) Check out the Transklink site for more bus and tram information and other information on the GoCard.
For all your options to choose the best way for you to travel check out the Gold Coast Airport Travel Information page.
The Summit Venue
Most APWT events, unless otherwise stated in the program, will be at the Griffith University Gold Coast Campus. The Griffith University Campus is located on Parklands Drive, Southport.
Getting to Griffith University
The campus is a 25-minute tram ride on The G a light rail system. There are several stops in Surfers Paradise dependingon where yourhotel is located. The tram station closest to the Island Hotel is Surfers Paradise a 2 minute walk northfrom the hotel.
There are two tram stops at Griffith University. Griffith University or Gold Coast University Hospital. The Gold Coast University Hospital station is the closest to our functions rooms.