APWT Inc. is an incorporated not for profit association that promotes literature from all the countries in the culturally rich and diverse Asia Pacific region* and supports the careers of the region's writers.
APWT holds an annual conference—a multifaceted gathering that promotes discussion, showcases creative work (readings and screenings), encourages the release of new work, provides master class opportunities and social functions. These are usually held in a different country within the Asia Pacific region* each year.
APWT partners with major journals and publications in Australia and across the region such as TEXT and Griffith Review, publishing articles and creative work by members and invited contributors.
Members will enjoy exclusive offers from our international partners in the region, including discounts on workshops, festivals, and journal subscriptions.
Membership is open to established authors and emerging writers, literary translators, literary agents, publishers, teachers and students of creative writing, screen writers, and others involved or interested in the production of creative writing in our region.
Members are encouraged to post a relevant biography on apwriters.org.
We invite you to become a financial member of APWT to enjoy the following benefits.
- Become part of the Asia Pacific's most dynamic and diverse literary community
- Get a discounted rate at our annual gathering registration
- Priority consideration for all APWT events, collaborative programs and publishing initiatives
- Your own page on the APWT member only platform
- Opportunity to be published and/or edit our annual edition of TEXT the leading creative writing journal in the world (UPDATE! Only members can publish and be part of the editorial team)
- NEW! Opportunity to promote your work via our Facebook Group (soon only members will have their posts approved on this page)
- NEW! Fortnightly member profiles on our Facebook Official Page promoting the diversity of literary talent in the region
In addition you get a number of wonderful discounts from our partners including:
- 15% off workshops from New York Writers Workshops with Tim Tomlinson
- 15% off workshops from Editing in Paradise with Shelley Kenigsberg
- Discount on selected writing retreats from Authors at Large with Xu Xi and Robin Hemely
- Discount tickets to major international events around the region such as Ubud Writers and Readers Festival and others coming soon
*Contact the above the organisations directly to get your discounts.
- Discount on subscriptions to journals and publications in Australia and around the region including, Griffith Review, one of Australia's leading publications.
One YearNon recurring
One Year StudentNon recurring
Institutional and Organisational Membership
APWT is pleased to offer Institutional Memberships. Institutions get the same benefits of an individual with the bonus of individual accounts for four nominated staff or students of the same institution or organisation.
Membership must be in the name of the lead member of the institutional group. That person must provide the full names and emails of themselves and three others to be covered by their Institutional membership.